Re: Let Merge_rests_engraver deal with dotted rests (issue 324310043 by

From: dak
Subject: Re: Let Merge_rests_engraver deal with dotted rests (issue 324310043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 00:55:06 -0700

https://codereview.appspot.com/324310043/diff/40001/Documentation/notation/simultaneous.itely
File Documentation/notation/simultaneous.itely (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/324310043/diff/40001/Documentation/notation/simultaneous.itely#newcode10
Documentation/notation/simultaneous.itely:10: @c \version "2.19.29"
On 2017/08/29 07:39:45, thomasmorley651 wrote:
On 2017/08/29 07:31:20, dak wrote:
> Version warrants changing to the version where the engraver got
register.  At
> least once you actually make use of the registration...

Not sure to which version I should change it, 2.21.0?

Excellent question, actually.  I think that the dot merge functionality
is too new and untested for 2.20.0 but the Merge_rest_engraver itself
has been around unregistered for months and that seems like a bad idea
for 2.20.  So I'd propose that you split the registration (and its use
in docs and old(!) regtest) into a separate commit and use version
2.20.0 on that.  I can cherry-pick that into the stable branch then.

The rest is for 2.21 then.  It's either that or back out (namely revert)
all of the Merge_rest_engraver for 2.20.  But that would necessitate
tampering with both documentation and translation a lot more, so it's
not my preferred option.

Holler if you need Git assistance.

https://codereview.appspot.com/324310043/