Re: Doc: Add section on SVG to Contributor (issue 328450043 by address@h

From: beauleetienne0
Subject: Re: Doc: Add section on SVG to Contributor (issue 328450043 by address@hidden)
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2017 12:37:21 -0700

On 2017/09/04 19:24:05, dak wrote:
On 2017/09/04 19:11:57, Ebe123 wrote:
> While not technically a programming language, PostScript is also
listed :)

Uh, you are aware that PostScript _is_ a programming language?  In
contrast, PDF
is a file format.  That's why there are rather few programs working
with or
displaying PostScript (you always need a full-blown interpreter with
unknown
performance requirements for any particular file and a file may well
hang) and a
plethora of PDF viewers/processor.

As far as I can tell, SVG is, just like PDF, a file format.  There is
no
programming language included and we don't write code in it like it is
done in
ps/music-drawing-routines.ps .

So please don't go overboard with presenting things as being in the
same problem
class when they aren't.

Sure, ok. Even though SVG is not in the same category as PS, references
to SVG syntax should be included as a reference as LilyPond still works
with SVG code and files.

https://codereview.appspot.com/328450043/