Re: Ghostscript/GhostPDL 9.22 Release Candidate 1

From: Ken Sharp
Subject: Re: Ghostscript/GhostPDL 9.22 Release Candidate 1
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 08:10:57 +0100

At 19:12 23/09/2017 +0200, Knut Petersen wrote:

For a recent ghostscript without the PDFDontUseFontObjectNum only the combination of lilyponds --bigpdfs with -dgs-never-embed-fonts gives the desired result. The necessity for the extractpdfmark utility has not changed - use it if you link to destinations in other pdf files. Unfortunately our lilypond build system missed to use the --bigpdfs option together with the -dgs-never-embed-fonts.

If other people agree that my <https://codereview.appspot.com/325630043/>patch solves the problem of exorbitant file sizes, we might live well without ghostscripts PDFDontUseFontObjectNum.

I'm not really clear on how this works, I'm curious as to where the final embedded fonts are inserted. However, if it does work it would be a good thing from my point of view.

                Ken