Re: make metronomeMarkFormatter more flexible (issue 327620043 by addres

From: dak
Subject: Re: make metronomeMarkFormatter more flexible (issue 327620043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 01:53:30 -0700

On 2017/10/12 08:27:51, Malte Meyn wrote:
How would that reflect that parentheses are shown if and only if text
is
present? And how could you then change this behaviour?

Pass.  For more extensive changes, we'd need a markup function.
Basically, where we can go from some reasonably easy

\tempo \markup \specificFormatter { "(" "=" ")" } {4} #128

in single-use cases to

\override Staff.TempoFormatter = \markup \specificFormatter { "(" "="
")" } \etc

in general.  We "just" have to figure out what this is supposed to be
called/callable with, how many of those hooks we really need, and how
many specific formatters we should provide out of the box.

https://codereview.appspot.com/327620043/