Chord Semantics Patch

From: Charles Winston
Subject: Chord Semantics Patch
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 10:08:24 -0400

Hi developers,

I posted a new patch on Reitveld that captures the semantics entered in
chordmode in order to produce more accurate chord names. The way it works now,
the input: \chords { c:m7.1 ees } will produce identical chord names: Eb.
Though with my patch, c:m7.1 produces the name Cm7 omit root, as it should.

The patch captures all the relevant information entered in chordmode: root,
extension, modifier, alterations, additions, removals, bass, inversion. It
saves this information as a ChordSemanticsEvent, part of the elements of
EventChord. This event is iterated and passed to the chord_name_engraver, which
uses a new naming function to produce chord names based on the semantics list.

Let me know what you think,

Charles Winston