Re: make doc fails (guilev2)

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: make doc fails (guilev2)
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2018 12:17:49 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

On Mon, 5 Feb 2018 22:36:51 +0100, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm still trying to get make doc work again for my guilev2 setup.
> It now fails at a point I'm not able to surely track down.
>
> The only suspicious in the log I'm pointed to is:
>
> Processing `./15/lily-ef5769c9.ly'

> Does a simple "programming error" abort make doc?

Are you doing a make doc or a make check?

Anyway - nothing to do with this thread really but for information - a make
check (which runs the reg tests after a 'make test-basline') does not abort
with a 'simple' programming error - you can find many times where I have said
that a reg test has failed by showing the reg test output itself with that
error in it, and this requires the make check to complete in the first place,
i.e. to create the file that displays error that I report!

Also a make doc will not abort just on a programming error (you can find a few
trackers I have created where some of the MIDI or XML files in the repo always
generate a programming error during the make doc process) but again it depends
on the context I guess, some programming errors are 'more badder' than others.

regards

James