Re: Issue 5344: Avoid repeated calculation of accepted contexts (issue 3

From: dak
Subject: Re: Issue 5344: Avoid repeated calculation of accepted contexts (issue 346080043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2018 06:52:55 -0700

On 2018/06/17 13:27:39, Dan Eble wrote:
On 2018/06/17 12:52:01, Dan Eble wrote:
> Stop uniquifying \accepts; clarify copying

I also spent time trying to find input that would "let \with blocks
destructively change global context defs."  I was surprised that I
couldn't make
it happen even after temporarily changing the Acceptance_set list
copies to
plain old assignments of SCM values.  My approach was to instantiate
two
contexts, with the first context having a \with ... \denies ... and
the next
context using the defaults for its type.  Whether the contexts began
sequentially or simultaneously, the impact of \denies was limited to
the first
context.  It's strange, but I'm reluctant to spend more time trying to
discover
why I can't force a failure even with code that I'm not actually
submitting.

For scm_delete_x or its Scheme equivalent of delete! to have an actually
destructive effect on other list copies, the removed element must not be
the first in the list.  That makes constructing failing examples a bit
more complex since you always have to add additional fluff before an
effect may become apparent.

https://codereview.appspot.com/346080043/