My finances.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: My finances.
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 22:31:16 +0200

Hi folks,

I've been afraid of looking at my bank account for the past months but
finally had to do so.  For the last three months, the payments from
LilyPond users were stable: one paying €100 monthly, one paying €75
monthly, one paying €10 monthly.  Thanks, you know who you are (I hope).

When adding in the payments arriving via Paypal, I am at about €200 per
month.  Which doesn't pay for a whole lot of bills in Germany.

Now obviously I am not currently providing a whole lot of value in
return but at least enough that we will hopefully be seeing a reasonably
tolerable stable version 2.20 soonish and it's not like I have nothing
to do with it, either.  And it's not like when I wasn't yet hampered as
absolutely by the blood pressure medication until skipping it gave me a
stroke and not burned out as much that I earned as much as a software
developer of my productivity then.  Or even as much as a janitor.

I'll go looking for a menial minimum wage job soonish where I don't need
to be creative on command.  In the meantime, try thinking about whether
my contributions to what LilyPond is have been of value to you.  And if
they were, consider giving some back.  And if you can't think of
anything better than money, that's ok with me too.

All the best

David