Re: What's up with grob property "skyline-quantizing" ?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: What's up with grob property "skyline-quantizing" ?
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2018 16:56:25 +0200

> It is still being used, however, even though it has become impossible to
> set it.  More exactly, its hard-coded fallback value is being used.
>
> Should we stick with that and just drop the name of the property
> altogether?  It does not seem like it has been missed all that much...

Regarding the recent discussion I'd vote to keep it as is for the time being.

With the following minimal reimplementation it's settable again, so
everyone interested may do experiments.

#(set-object-property! 'skyline-quantizing 'backend-type? number?)

%% after
%% /input/regression/slur-vertical-skylines.ly

\relative {
  \override Slur.skyline-quantizing = 100
  f'8^"rit"( c' f c' f) r8 r4 |
  c2( c,2 |
  g1)~\startTrillSpan
  g1\stopTrillSpan
  g1(\f
  g,1)
}

I suggest we wait for feedback and probably reimplement it in a saner
manner with 2.21

Cheers,
  Harm