Re: Turkish makam using regular.ly

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: Turkish makam using regular.ly
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2018 22:36:38 +0200

> On 20 Oct 2018, at 19:25, Adam Good <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Could you please show a pdf of your Cemil Bey Hicazkar Pesrev using HE
> arrowed accidentals? And how to make that an option?

One only needs two extra files (below) that define and call the accidental
glyphs in the Bravura.otf font, which in turn needs to be somewhere where
LilyPond sees it. On MacOS, I installed it as a global font.

Then the file regularE53smufl.ly is the same as regularE53.ly, only with
different accidental glyphs. So there is not much extra work to get the
Helmholtz-Ellis notation, once the Turkish AEU has been done.

Just put the files below in the same directory, and make sure LilyPond sees the
font Bravura.otf, which is available at
  https://www.smufl.org/fonts/
Then compile regularE53smufl.ly.