Re: Please test gub

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: Please test gub
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 17:08:04 +0100

On 31.01.19 16:15, Karlin High wrote:
On 1/31/2019 9:04 AM, Alexander Kobel wrote:
BTW, can we actually add images in Lily?

Encapsulated PostScript images are fair game with \epsfile

<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/graphic.en.html>

I know I used that once, but I forget which program I used to make the EPS file containing the image. Perhaps it was GIMP.

Ah, of course. There's jpeg2ps (from CTAN) which IIRC wraps JPEG without recompression to ps or eps files; for anything else, I'd probably go for pdfjam or img2pdf, followed by pdftops -eps, or just ImageMagick's (or GraphicsMagick's) convert. GIMP can do it, too, but I doubt you can specify the compression algorithm (in particular, choose between lossless and lossy, the latter possibly without recompression).

But in fact I'm fairly happy to leave PostScript behind the scenes, only touch PDF, and not to worry too much when buying printers... ;-)

Cheers,
Alex