Re: add fermata markup commands (issue 344160043 by address@hidden)

From: lemzwerg
Subject: Re: add fermata markup commands (issue 344160043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 01:38:09 -0800

On 2019/02/28 09:21:34, Malte Meyn wrote:
On 2019/02/28 09:15:44, lemzwerg wrote:
> LGTM.  However, I'm not completely happy with it.  What about making
\fermata
> (and \fermataMarkup) accept an optional argument that indicates the
type:

>   \fermata 'short
>   \fermata 'veryLong

I’m not sure whether that would be an improvement; I used the same
names as for
the scripts as it is done with \fermata[Markup]:

% currently possible
\markup \fermata
{ b1-\fermata R\fermataMarkup }

% after this patch
\markup \verylongfermata
{ b1-\verlylongfermata R\verylongfermataMarkup }

\fermata 'verylong isn’t easier to type or to remember than
\verylongfermata
IMHO.

>   \fermata "arbitrary markup stuff"

We definitely don’t need that. If you want a script, just use the
correct
command like -. or \staccato or a TextScript. If you want a markup,
just write
\markup "foo" instead of \markup \fermata "foo". If you want to center
something
above a MultiMeasureRest, just use { R1-"foo" } instead of {
R1-\fermataMarkup
"foo" }.

https://codereview.appspot.com/344160043/