Re: (no subject)

From: Heikki Johannes Junes
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 01:02:59 +0300 (EET DST)

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> address@hidden writes:
> > To be honest, I've encountered exactly this problem
> > a few times with notes in separate Voice contexts
> > with the same direction and used the following
> > ugly solution
> >
> > <\context Voice=up {\voiceOne e8 f e f e2}
> >  \context Voice=lower {\stemUp c4*1/2 d c d c2}>
> >
> > which works since the lower note won't get any flag of
> > its own.
>
> why not merge explicitly?
>

> \score { \notes
> \relative c'' { c4
>  <\context Voice=up {\voiceOne e8 f e f e2}
>   \context Voice=lower {\voiceTwo  \context Voice = up c8  d c d c2}>
> }}
>

> --
> Han-Wen Nienhuys   |   address@hidden    | http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen/

(I hope I didn't send accidentally an empty reply. Sorry about that.)

Merging explicitly works nicely (tried in 'example.ly').

Instead, I found an other bug in beaming with lilypond 1.5.6.

In 'example.ly' is shown that when switching between staffs, a flag is
missing from a note which has manual beaming. Below is an ASCII-example in
the case the problem do not show in other versions. Both notes should have
the same 1/8-duration.

- |
- |
-(/
-
-     |
      |\
-     | )
-     |
-    (/
-
-

      Heikki
--
      Heikki Junes
Addr. Jääkärinkatu 6A a10, FIN-00150 Helsinki