Re: ly2dvi error

From: Gerrit P. Haase
Subject: Re: ly2dvi error
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 23:18:56 +0200

Jérémie Lumbroso schrieb am 2001-09-22, 18:21:

>Hi Gerrit,
>

>GPH> I have built lilypond on cygwin.
>Woohoo! Good job.
>

>GPH> Now i need to do tests, but the first tries already stuck.
>GPH> I'm getting this error from ly2dvi:
>
>GPH> $ ly2dvi minuet.ly
>GPH> Running LilyPond...
>GPH> Traceback (most recent call last):
>GPH>   File "/usr/local/bin/ly2dvi", line 780, in ?
>GPH>     run_lilypond (files, outbase, dep_prefix)
>GPH>   File "/usr/local/bin/ly2dvi", line 388, in run_lilypond
>GPH>     system ('lilypond %s %s ' % (opts, fs))
>GPH>   File "/usr/local/bin/ly2dvi", line 301, in system
>GPH>     resource.setrlimit(resource.RLIMIT_STACK, (-1,-1))
>GPH> ValueError: current limit exceeds maximum limit
>
>I  know  about  the  last  error. Mats added this to prevent
>Python  to  exceed  memory stacks (is that correct), but the
>resource module is only available on Unix systems. Just com-
>ment  out line 69 and 302 with a # in ly2dvi.py. I hope this
>fixes the whole problem.

Well, the resource module is available (with the next cygwin-python
release. I've built python from the CVS source where the patch is
already included.

But now I tried it with commenting out, I come to the problem
that lilypond executable stackdumps...and I also get some errors
from the python script, but I think that is because lily dies:

$ ly2dvi  minuet.ly
Running LilyPond...
GNU LilyPond 1.4.7      0 [main] lilypond 401 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack
trace to l
ilypond.exe.stackdump
Signal 11
error: lilypond: command exited with value 35584
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/ly2dvi", line 780, in ?
    run_lilypond (files, outbase, dep_prefix)
  File "/usr/local/bin/ly2dvi", line 388, in run_lilypond
    system ('lilypond %s %s ' % (opts, fs))
  File "/usr/local/bin/ly2dvi", line 312, in system
    error (msg)
  File "/usr/local/bin/ly2dvi", line 206, in error
    raise _ ("Exiting ... ")
Exiting ...

--
=^..^=