Lyrics above/below staff?

From: John Potelle
Subject: Lyrics above/below staff?
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 14:26:16 -0400

Hi! I'm a new Lilypond user. I'm using version 1.4.7.jnc2 under Win98 with
updated
cygwin packages (i.e. python, etc.)

I'm trying to typeset a SATB choral peice with an integrated piano part. I have
the
general layout working with the four choral parts on two staffs and the piano
part
below.

For the most part, the one line of lyrics is uniform over all four parts. But
in at least
one section of the music there are four different simultaneous lyrics. I'd like
to put
the soprano part above the top staff, the alto below the top staff, the tenor
above
the lower staff and the bass below the lower staff.  Placing the lyrics below
the staff
is not a problem; I'm using \addlyrics.  Its getting the other lyrics above the
staff that
is a problem for me.  Any ideas?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
--