Feature request

From: jipsu .
Subject: Feature request
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 15:35:02 +0000

A few questions about the best music typesetting program I've seen.

1.
Would it be possible to create full support for MIDI output, so that Lilypond could be used as a professional MIDI sequencer (I personally find this the best way to use Lilypond). The manuals say that MIDI output is not quite fancy, lacking many features that MIDI would provide.

2.
I have problems with /repeat commands. As "/repeat volta" does not affect to the MIDI files, I have tried the unfold-type repeats, but they won't do the job. I can get voltas to work (at least I see the results on the PS file) but the outputted MIDI files don't respond to unfold-repeats when I add them (and nest them with volta-repeats, since I want to have both).

3.
About time signatures... Shouldn't "/time 4/4" print "two fours" (just like the 3/4 prints 3 and 4, for example). For me "/time 4/4" prints that "e" (which I haven't seen to be used that much).

And yeah, the last note, I'm using Lilypond 1.4.7 in Linux.