Re: Struggling to build Lilypond

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Struggling to build Lilypond
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 22:20:15 +0100

> Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
>
> > this is strange.  Metafont does work when you run it standalone,
> > right?
>
> Problem is, I know nothing useful about TeTex ... can you suggest
> a test command I could run, please?

In addition to what Han-Wen suggested (a font generation
command), you could also try

>> latex sample2e
  Prints out some lines and generates files files sample2e.{dvi,log,aux}

>> xdvi sample2e
  Shows a 3 page document on the screen

>> dvips sample2e
  generates a postscript file sample2e.ps

address@hidden said:
> Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> >about teTeX installations that don't include Metafont and the
> >Kpathsea library, so if you're unlucky you may have to add those.
> libkpathsea.a is there in /usr/local/teTeX/lib ... how do I tell
> lilypond configure where to find it?

set the environment variable CXXFLAGS to '-I/usr/local/teTeX/include'
and LDFLAGS to '-L/usr/local/teTeX/lib', remove config.cache and
rerun configure. (Didn't I tell you to set these variables?)

   /Mats