Re: Horizontal spacing between notes

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Horizontal spacing between notes
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 10:35:55 +0100

> Hello,
>
> I've just started using Lilypond and I'm very impressed with this software.
>
> Is there a simple way to increase the horizontal spacing between two
> notes?  I have collisions between markup text above one note and a following
> chord.
> Best regards,
>
> Jurgen

The best solution is probably to let Lilypond
compensate for the width of the text itself.
Simply say \fatText somewhere before the
note with the text script. If you don't want
all subsequent text scripts to take space,
you can reset to the default with the command
\emptyText.
These commands are macros that set a property,
if you want to find out exactly what they do
and what other macros are available, take a look
at the file ly/property.ly (called ly/property-init.ly
in version 1.5.x).

  /Mats