Re: Lilypond and ETF

From: Christian Hitz
Subject: Re: Lilypond and ETF
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 17:52:56 +0100

I am interested in converting Finale
(versions 2001 and 2002 for mac) to an open source file format. If
there is such a filter, and if I can compile Lilypond on OS X, it
would be ideal. Does this sound possible?

Yes, it does.  However, you may encounter problems with etf2ly, and
I've not yet seen a report of LilyPond running on OS X.  I do know
that the first versions of gcc on OS X were a bit broken wrt c++
compilation.

Lilypond still doesn't compile on OSX (10.1.2 w/ newest Dev Tools) . If you try you'll get "missing symbol" errors.

Christian

Get my PGP-Public Key from:
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~chitz/public-key.pgp