Re: GSview problem

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: GSview problem
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 11:34:21 +0200

> "Carlos Garcia Suarez" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I just did as you indicated and it works. Thanks really. I am a bit
> > surprise.
>
> Do we need to change anything based on this experience, or add some
> doco somewhere?

Yes, Ghostscript and GSview are not installed by default at
the moment. We should probably add a dependency to those from
the Lilypond package (or is there something similar to the
"Recommends" dependencies in Debian?).

See also my separate email about the GSview installation problems.

At the moment, the Windows troubleshooting page in Wiki isn't
really up to date, some of the problems mentioned there have
been solved nicely and others have appeared instead.
For example, we should mention the problems with spaces in the
login name. The best would be if we had some more regular
Windows user taking care of this part, I have access to a
Windows partition where I can try the installation but never
use Lilypond regularly in Windows. Jérémie did a great job
on initiating this page.

   /Mats