Re: no .ps file

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: no .ps file
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 19:10:43 +0200

> Hey,
> I updated Lilypond to 1.4.12 and everything works fine, onyl now when
> i run ly2dvi -P myfile.ly i get a midi, a .tex and a .latex file, why
> won't it give me a .ps or .dvi file? and is there a way to view the
> .latex or .tex as an image instead of as a text file?

Strange! Ly2dvi should actually never give you a .tex or .latex
file in the working directory. Let's try to sort out what happens:

- Do you get a .dvi file when you run ly2dvi without '-P'?
- Does 'latex myfile.latex', 'dvips myfile.dvi' give you a
  PS file?
- What platform do you use, Windows/Linux, ...?
- What does 'ly2dvi -V myfile.ly' printout on the screen?

  /Mats