Version 1.5.x and grace notes

From: Maurizio Tomasi
Subject: Version 1.5.x and grace notes
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 09:12:10 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello to everybody.

I am Maurizio, and this is my first e-mail to this group.  I use Lilypond
1.4.13, and I am typesetting the String Quartet KV387 by Mozart for the
Mutopia Project.  In the third movement I have to deal with version
1.4.x's limitations about grace notes, so I am going to install the latest
release of version 1.5.x.  I already tried such a thing some days ago, but
I had some problems.

Before trying again to install it, I would know if the latest 1.5.x
release is somewhat "stable".  I know that 1.5.x versions are not meant to
be stable, I am just asking if the last version is quite usable to do
some serious work.  For instance, I heard about "spacing problems" in
the first 1.5.x releases of Lilypond.  Have they corrected these problems?

And by the way, when will version 1.6.0 be released?

Thanks
Maurizio