Re: lilypond drum problem(?)

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: lilypond drum problem(?)
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 15:18:35 +0200

Joerg Anders wrote:

My problem is: The NoteEdit user can place the drum notes at any
pitch he/she wants. Therefore I need a means to place - say a note with
triangle head - at any pitch and ...

Okay then you cannot use the official drum notation scheme - or using it would at least be very hard.

... I tried this, but it doesn't work :-(    :

No you are right, I am sorry.
The problem is that a context setting only affects the innermost music structure in which it occurs.
This means that in

{ { \context Thread=foo a } b }

the a will be typeset in thread foo, but the b won't.
I cannot see an easy solution for your problem, but a hack would be to translate accidentals into notehead types. This should be okay as accidentals are not needed when typesetting drums. What I mean is that I could fairly easy create a scheme function allowing you to say i.e. "ceses" to get a triangle-c, "ces" to get a diamond c, "c" to get a default c, "cis" to get a crossed c and "cisis" to get a xcircled c.
Would that be sufficient for you?

-Rune