Re: Lilypond build trouble

From: Carl McTague
Subject: Re: Lilypond build trouble
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 22:30:48 -0400

On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 05:02:21PM +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> No, I'm sorry, you don't understand.  It's about what shell /bin/sh
> is.  ./configure won't be processed by [t]csh.

Oh!  Gotcha.  That makes a lot more sense.  I didn't realize there was
such variety in sh implementations!  It's part of the core FreeBSD
distribution (so not a package), but I'm not exactly sure of it's
heritage.  The man page says:

     The sh utility is the standard command interpreter for the system.  The
     current version of sh is in the process of being changed to conform with
     the IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2'') specification for the shell.  This ver-
     sion has many features which make it appear similar in some respects to
     the Korn shell, but it is not a Korn shell clone like pdksh(1).  Only
     features designated by POSIX, plus a few Berkeley extensions, are being
     incorporated into this shell.  This man page is not intended to be a
     tutorial nor a complete specification of the shell.

>     bash ./configure

This does work.  But I haven't had a chance to check the fix in cvs;
I'm having trouble connecting.  I'm probably just doing something

Thanks for your time,