Re: tuplets

From: Jule Slootbeek
Subject: Re: tuplets
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 19:45:52 -0400

Laura Conrad wrote:

>     >>
>     >> If you want three half notes, printed as half notes,
>     >> why not use
>     >>
>     >> \times 2/3 {c2 c2 c2}
>     >>
>     >> /Mats
>     >>
>     >>
>     >>
>     >>
>     Jule>    Yeah I have that but it doesn't align the other ones right..
>     Jule> i made a diagram but it didn't come out right
>
>     Jule> o       o
>     Jule> o    o    o
>
>     Jule> is what i get, while
>
>     Jule> o       o
>     Jule> o   o   o
>
>     Jule> is what i need
>
> But what you get looks right, because when you're playing them, the
> second one on top should come between the second and third one on the
> bottom, not aligned with the third one.
>
> To get what you want instead of what you say, you might have to play
> with spacing rests, like:
>

>          soprano = \notes \times 2/3 {c''2 s2 c2}

yeah, but if i have a triplet of halfnotes, than those should take up the same
time
as 2 half notes...just like a triplet takes up 2 quarter notes..
So if i do

soprano = \notes c''2 c2
alto = \notes \times 2/3 { a'2 a'2 a'2 }

it should just come out with the soprano line playing 2 half notes in a bar,
and the
    alto line playing 3 half notes in the bar, taking up exzctly the same amout
of
beats as the 2 half notes. It works fine with the s in between the two notes,
but if
i do \time 2/3 {} it puts a bracket ontop of the 2 half notes, and that makes it
seem to the player like it's supposed to be a triplet, while i had written it
as the
alto line to be a triplet and not the alto line, which should use normal
notation..
so is it a lilypond error?

Jule

--