Re: choir music

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: choir music
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 18:54:35 +0200

> Hello all,
>
> thanks for the answers I received. I'm studying the manual, downloading
> .ly files, but I want to know which is the common/natural/best way to do
> something specific...
>
> I'm typesetting many choir pieces with a chorus that is
> going to be repeated and a long solo that goes over it.
>
> 1. In the midi, I want the chorus to be repeated as many times as needed
> for the solo. Is there a way to make it automatically? e.g. fill the
> chorus staff up to the end of the solo? by now, I'm counting how many
> measures I must repeat and writing a chorus staff that is repeated over
> and over along the solo staff.

You could use something like
'\repeat unfold 10 {music to be repeated}'
but I'm afraid you have to calculate the number of repeats
by hand.

> 2. I'm inserting multimeasure rests, but I want the number to be
> inserted in the score instead of above, and removing the rest mark. Is
> there a structured way to do it? (and that is generated in the midi as
> well)

That's a tricky question. The standard solutions to remove a
graphical object don't work since the number and rest mark
are produced as a unity by the typesetting function.

Can any Scheme guru come up with a method to code an alternative
brew_molecule function in Scheme?

   /Mats