RE: lilypond-mode in Emacs on Windows

From: Bernard Hurley
Subject: RE: lilypond-mode in Emacs on Windows
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 15:05:11 +0100

>> Try putting this in ylur .emacs file:

>Can that be done automatically, ie, does the Emacs for Windows
>configuration know the concept of a site start directory, something

>   /etc/emacs/site-start.d

>that we could copy the lilypond-init.el snippet to?
Yes this could be done, but most Windows systems are run by a single user so that it is unnecessary, but logically this is better.

>Also, could you tell were the other .ELs should be installed?
>> (Yes the regular _expression_ does contain 8 backslashes in a row!

>Ah, that's nice.
Actually I miscounted - it's 7!

> Could you make this conditional, for Cygwin only, so that we can
> include it in lilypond-mode.el itself, something like:

>  (defun LilyPond-master-file ()
>    (if (on-cygwin-p)
>      (string-replace-match ".*\\(/\\|\\\\\\\)" (buffer-file-name) "" t
>      (buffer-file-name))

Yes this is the proper way to do it.  As a general rule I don't like to change the .el files in an emacs app, unless it's "official" otherwise I loose track.  I will get back to you with the proper code.

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> | GNU LilyPond - The music
typesetter       |

LATEST NEWS FROM VALTECH Training course prices slashed - up to 50% less than other leading training companies - from £1795 to £990 for five day course - for full details and course offerings please see or call Allen Fulcher on 020 7014 0845 for London courses and the training team on 0161 873 6300 for Manchester courses.

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail contains Proprietary information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only.

If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail,
please notify the author by replying to this e-mail.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail.
All information contained within this e-mail is subject to the Terms & Conditions of Valtech Ltd. which are available upon request.