Re: critical Lily to PDF question

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: critical Lily to PDF question
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 15:35:47 +0200

I had just started to investigate your previous question,
but this one is easier to answer.
If you take a look at the FAQ for pdftex (`texdoc pdfTeX-FAQ`
in teTeX), you'll learn that there is a small program
epstopdf that performs the conversion. Just run epstopdf
on each generated lily-xxx.eps file, then edit the
generated .latex file and replace
\includegraphics{xxx.eps}
with
\includegraphics{xxx}
This means that pdflatex will look for the file xxx.pdf
whereas ordinary latex will still look for xxx.eps.
(I'll actually change lilypond-book to make this the default.)

If you even want to get rid of the manual steps with epstopdf,
you could download the 'oberdiek' LaTeX package which, among
others, contains a pstopdf style file so that epstopdf is
automatically called from pdflatex if it doesn't find any
.pdf file.

   /Mats