Re: lily in debian/unstable

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: lily in debian/unstable
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 15:33:50 -0700

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002 14:49:35 +0200
Atte Andr Jensen <address@hidden> wrote:
> I been holding this question back for some time to see how things
> evolved, but since we're now talking 1.7.3 I'm gonna ask: When can I
> expect to see 1.7.x in the debian/unstable? The webpage mentions that

Whenever Anthony Fok (the Debian maintainer for Lilypond) decides to
package it.

I have a vague recollection of somebody saying that 1.7.x required
Guile 1.6.0, which would be a problem for Debian since they haven't
packaged Guile 1.6.0 yet.  If you want, you could submit
wishlist/bug reports for those packages.

My guess is that nobody's going to be too concerned about 1.7.x until
it's relatively late in the development process -- people who want to
do bleeding edge stuff can use CVS, while normal users generally
stick to the stable version numbers (1.4.x, 1.6.x, 1.8.x, etc).

Cheers,
- Graham