More 1.6 install problems (uni)

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: More 1.6 install problems (uni)
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 07:02:47 +0100

I solved the guile problems, and managed to build and install lily 1.6
at the uni.
Lilypond also compiles files with no problems (apart from problem with
determining size of tex-fonts. Perhaps more on that later).

Problem is that dvips and xdvi cannot find the
music-drawing-routines.ps even though GS_LIB points to the correct dir:

address@hidden:~/lilypond/ly]$ dvips -o test.ps test.dvi
This is dvips(k) 5.86e Copyright 2001 Radical Eye Software
(www.radicaleye.com)
' TeX output 2002.11.01:0606' -> test.ps
dvips: ! Couldn't find header file music-drawing-routines.ps
address@hidden:~/lilypond/ly]$ echo $GS_LIB
/users/rz/usr/lily-current/share/lilypond//ps/
address@hidden:~/lilypond/ly]$ ls $GS_LIB
lilyponddefs.ps  music-drawing-routines.ps
address@hidden:~/lilypond/ly]$

The docu doesn't mention anything about this - perhaps an update would
be nice (Werner?)...

What can I do...? Linking from . to $GS_LIB is not nice...

-Rune