Compiling Lilypond 1.7.4

From: Ralph Little
Subject: Compiling Lilypond 1.7.4
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 13:32:24 -0000

Hi,
I am trying to get Lily 1.7.4 up and running on Redhat 8
I have built and installed Guile1.6 from source, and there is a
/usr/local/lib/libguile.so.12 (sym linked to libguile.so.12.3.0),
and guile (/usr/local/bin/guile) fires up fine.

But... When I try "ly2dvi test.ly" I get:

---------8<---------8<---------8<---------8<---------8<---------8<------
Running LilyPond...
lilypond: error while loading shared libraries: libguile.so.12: cannot open

LilyPond failed on an input file (exit status 127).
Trying to salvage the rest.

warning: no LilyPond output found for `test'
Running LaTeX...
---------8<---------8<---------8<---------8<---------8<---------8<------

I saw some posts on a similar vein previously, and I have checked that
/usr/local/bin is in /etc/ld.so.conf.

Any ideas?

Much obliged in advance....
Ralph

Our communications with you matter to us. This e-mail and any attachments
are confidential and are sent on the basis of our copyright, e-mail and
security policy which can be inspected at our website at
http://www.tribaldata.co.uk/html/contact.html#6. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender and delete this message.  Thank you.