Re: margins

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: margins
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 21:47:56 +0100

Quoting Mike Charnoky <address@hidden>:

> Anyway, I have been going through the docs trying to find out how to
> format a page to have a 1" left margin, in order to bind the pages in a
> 3-ring binder.  How do I do this?  I have experimented with the \paper
> directive: "indent" seems to only indent the first line of music.  Using
> "linewidth" certainly works, but also changes the right margin too, since
> all lines are centered.  Is there an easy solution?

ly2dvi provides fairly limited possibilities to adjust the
page layout. If you want more freedom to change the page
layout, I recommend lilypond-book, which lets you include
music scores in an ordinary LaTeX document. For your specific
problem, an alternative is to use linewidth to get the
desired width of the music and then use the -O flag to
dvips to adjust the horisontal position on the paper.

   /Mats