Re: Where do I save .ly files so that the lilypond program can find it a

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Where do I save .ly files so that the lilypond program can find it and read it?
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 14:19:05 -0800

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 13:28:38 -0800
D'Armous Boone <address@hidden> wrote:
> I just downloaded Lilypond for Windows and tried to run the
> test program as stated in the Tutorial.  Everytime I run the
> program, it states that it cannot find the 'test' file.  I
> am assuming that I have to save it in a particular space.

Does your current directory, or the location of Lilypond's exe file,
contain spaces?(ie "C:\Documents and Stuff\Lilypond Stuff\test.ly" or
"C:\program files\lilypond\lilypond.exe")

I've heard that this can cause problems for Lilypond.  Note that I've
never used Lilypond on windows, so this could be completely incorrect
or have no bearing on your problem.  Try running lilypond on a file
that doesn't have spaces in the directory name.  If you get the same
error message, then obviously my advice was no good.  :)

Cheers,
- Graham