Re: setup help

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: setup help
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 15:24:39 +0100

??? Are you saying that you still don't get the desired fonts?
Try the following:

Run the command:
  tex testfont
Fill in:
  Name of font to test = feta20
  * \table
  * \bye

Look at the file using xdvi:
  xdvi testfont
you should see a table with different musical symbols.

Run
  dvips -Ppdf -G0 -ulilypond.map testfont

Look at the Postscript file using gv (ghostview)
  gv testfont.ps   (or ghostview testfont.ps)
you should see the same result.

Try to convert the file to PDF:
  ps2pdf testfont.ps

Look at the PDF file:
  acroread testfont.pdf
Again the document should look the same.

These steps exactly mimic what ly2dvi does internally. If the above
example works, ly2dvi should also work. Otherwise, it could help us
sort out what kind of problems you have.

   /Mats

Aaron Mehl wrote:
Thanks I applied it and no more error and no more fonts in pdf and ps
output.

Do I now have to install new fonts??
And if so from where??

I saw a previous post I will try to find it and do what it said.
Thanks
Aaron