Re: Debian packages

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: Debian packages
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 13:55:33 +0000

Right now, there are no usable Debian binaries of lilypond,
because tetex is broken in both stable and testing, or rather
the packages are broken and they will be upgraded but can't
be fixed, because they are shipped without necessary
config files.  1.6.6. is in unstable but it is uninstallable also using
testing depends.  Unstable built on unstable is a dim prospect.
For the future, it would have been a
good idea to keep the backport that you had available for
a while longer, that is, until there were new tetexes and
lilypond and C/++ libraries in testing.  Unfortunately it
would not help in the present case, because we simply
have to wait for tetex 2.0 or compile it  with stable
or testing.  Or have I missed something?  DaveA