help: stems in multiple voices per staff

From: Joerg Anders
Subject: help: stems in multiple voices per staff
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:15:12 +0100 (CET)

Hello!

I have a (possibly) very simple question. Have a look at this
simple example:

 VoiceA = \notes\relative c' { \clef violin c'2 r2 \bar "|." }
 VoiceB = \notes\relative c' {e2 r2}

 Brass = <
        \context Voice="VoiceA" \VoiceA
        \context Voice="VoiceB" \VoiceB

 \score {
        \context Staff="Brass" \Brass
 }

Two halfs e and c'. But LilyPond applies the default stem rules:
e stem up, c' stem down. Actually OK, but both halfs appear
at the same staff. Thus, a stems overlap.

Ok, I could use the "\stemUp", \"stemDown" statements.
But  isn't there a better way ?  What if I want to use "VoiceA"
and "VoiceB" in other scores as single voices ?

I assume LilyPond can recognize the problem automatically.

--
J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY (address@hidden)