Re: Conditional expressions

From: Dr A V Le Blanc
Subject: Re: Conditional expressions
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:17:40 +0000

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 04:52:49PM +0100, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> There are probably simpler methods to achieve what you want to do.
> Take a look at the two collections of examples at the web page,
> Go to lilypond.org, click on Documentation:Index and then on
> "tips-and-tricks" and "Regression Tests" respectively.
> The Regression tests document contains an example on how to
> easily unfold all repeats in a section of music (search for
> unfolded-repeats).
> For octava indications, you could easily change the octava in the
> printed music without changing it in the MIDI output, see
> the ottava.ly example in the "tips-and-tricks" document.

Well, I have only given simple examples.  Suppose I want the
midi file to have a different rhythm than the source, for example,
as is the case in some music styles.  In fact, I think my

     rptarg = "volta"
     \repeat \rptarg 2

method completely simple.  If I
submit a .ly score to the mutopia project, I am asked to explain
how to create the midi output instead of the source file.  Isn't
it simpler, from their point of view, if I tell them to change
one line, and all other changes follow?

Looking at the ottava example (input/test/ottava.ly), this seems
to have been done using centralCPosition, which doesn't seem to
be documented in 1.6.6, though I do notice the example is from
1.6.7.  If this doesn't produce the result, I don't understand
the example.

(By the way, searching for 'unfolded-repeat' under Regression Tests
produces no result.)

Is it possible to pass two music expressions to a scheme function
as arguments?

     -- Owen
     address@hidden