Re: GrandStaff questions

From: Amelie Zapf
Subject: Re: GrandStaff questions
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 10:56:26 +0000

Hi Fulko,

[snip]
>At the moment I want to set a piece of music that has four melody
>lines on two beams (treble and bass). The first melody (also on top),
>is also the melody of the lyrics. I want the lyrics between the two
>beams.

You probably mean "staves" not "beams".

>The problem I have is that the placement of the lyrics reacts to
>melody One and Two on the treble-beam. I want the lyrics only react on
>melody One. Can that be done?

The answer is the command \addlyrics. This command takes 2 args, a Voice
context and
a Lyrics context and aligns the Lyrics context with the Voice context. I
explained
this today in my message "Re: general questions" (28.02.2003 - 10:27:01) and
gave an
example. I would like to ask you to look at that example, if you want it
complete

>How do I make TextA follow melodyA?
\addlyrics
\context Voice = soprano {\voiceOne \sopranoVoice}
\context Lyrics = bottom \sopranoLyrics

Note "bottom" as the keyword to typeset the lyric beneath the staff.

>Is it possible to do the same with a TextB and melodyB?

analogous.

>Is it possible to set (parts) of the lyrics in boldface?

never tried.

###ATTENTION: left comments in code!

[ all actual melodies and lyrics ]

\score {
 \context GrandStaff \notes %you'd probably want a ChoirStaff here.
 <
  \simultaneous { %\spurious ;-)
   \addlyrics %wrongly placed, goes directly before voice! Remove here.
   \context Staff =upper
   <
    \clef treble
    %\addlyrics
    \context Voice=one {\voiceOne  \melodyA}
    %\context Lyrics=TextA \textA
    \context Voice=two {\voiceTwo  \melodyB}

   \context Lyrics=TextA %remove
   <                     %all
    \textA               %this
   >                     %stuff

   \context Staff =lower
   <
    \clef bass
    \context Voice=three {\voiceOne \melodyC}
    \context Voice=four {\voiceTwo \melodyD}

>Thank a lot,

You're welcome.

Amy