Joining stems in two voices

From: Daniel Ashton
Subject: Joining stems in two voices
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 16:50:09 -0500

Hello,

I thought I'd seen this in the tutorial, but now I cannot find it.

I have two voices on one staff. At times their rhythms are the same. I want to specify that their stems should be joined during certain sections.

I know that I can do something like this:

\include "english.ly"

Key = \notes \key a \minor

VoiceThree = \notes \relative c' {
  r2 cs2 | d4 d cs2
}

VoiceFour = \notes \relative c' {
  r2 a2 | d,4 d a'2 | r2 <cs a> | <d4 d,> <d d,> <cs2 a>
}

\score {
  \context Staff = leftHand <
    \clef F
    \Key
    \context Voice=three { \voiceOne \VoiceThree }
    \context Voice=four  { \voiceTwo \VoiceFour  }

}

I'd prefer to enter something like the first two measures, but at times to see what's printed by the second two measures. Is there any way to have stems joined across two voices?

Thanks,

Daniel

--
Daniel Ashton      PGP key available     http://Daniel.AshtonFam.org