Re: quotation marks (double-quotes) in lyrics

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: quotation marks (double-quotes) in lyrics
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 22:26:08 -0800

On Sun, 02 Mar 2003 20:03:35 -0800 (PST)
Jeff Ousley <address@hidden> wrote:
> How do I include quotation marks in lyrics? I'm
> putting a backslash in front of them, but this seems
> to put two little dots above the next letter, instead
> of double-quotes before. For example:
>
> \"God is King\"
>
> Is this not right?

In LaTeX, you're encouraged to use `` and '' instead of ".  I think that
\" engaged the accent mechanisms -- for example, Christmas might be written
N\"oel.

Have a look at a LaTeX guide -- there are tons around on the web -- to find out
how to use double quotes (").  Or you could just use two single quotes (`` foo
'').

Cheers,
- Graham