Re: Re[2]: Figure alignment in Figured Bass environment

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Figure alignment in Figured Bass environment
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 02:57:27 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> On Thu, 06 Mar 2003 16:51:14 +0100
> J <address@hidden> wrote:
> > LC> What do you mean by alterations?  I don't understand this.
> >
> > Alterations are sharps #, flats b and naturals.
>
> I think they're normally called "accidentals", not "alterations".  At least
> they are in Canada.

Accidentals are just that: changes that occur `by accident'. The same
symbols are also used in the key signature, and there they are
used systematically. I use the word chromatic alteration for the
general concept, and either key signature or accidental depending on
the situation.

Going back to the original question (layout of figured bass),  I
rewrote that code in 1.7 CVS -- now you can increase the spacing of
the figures simply by setting #'baseline-skip.

--

Han-Wen Nienhuys   |   address@hidden   |   http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen