Q: forcing notehead direction?

From: Hans Forbrich
Subject: Q: forcing notehead direction?
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:47:45 -0700

How do I force the direction of the notehead (relative to the stem)?  I
have a situation with notehead collisions in which I would like to force
the notehead to change to the 'other side' of the stem.  For example,
when stem is up, the notehead is on the left side of the stem but I need
it forced to the right side.

The trouble is caused by mixing tiny and regular sizes on 1 staff w/ 2
voices but same staff direction pitches are one full tone away (eg: c d)
- the tiny notehead is lost.

Ideas, examples or pointer to the right part of the docco appreciated.
(The right part, of course, is the part I have not read or understood
yet <g>)

Thanks in Advance (TIA)
/Hans