Re: Pedal and text-spanner Q's

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Pedal and text-spanner Q's
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 01:18:57 -0700

On Fri, 16 May 2003 16:55:25 +0200
Atte Andr Jensen <address@hidden> wrote:
> This looks ok in the output but gives me the warning:
>
> Should I simply ignore this warning or what can I do??

My rule of thumb is that if it looks ok, ignore all warnings.  :)

> 2) It seems ending of the octavation marking in bar 23 is thrown of by
> the linebreak (a guess) so it's a little bit too early (should be after
> not *before* the note). And I also not really like the
>
> --
>
> in the right margin of bar 22 but would prefer simply
>
> __
>
> Am I doing something wrong?

That looks like it might be a bug, unless it's some wierd rule about how 8va
should be printed (it doesn't tend to be used in cello music, so I'm not
exactly certain what all the rules are for 8va).

Could you extra three or four bars into a seperate file (probably using a \break
to force the linebreak) so that people wiser than us can easily use it to
check for Lilypond bugs?  :)

Cheers,
- Graham