[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Dr. Nienhuys! :-)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Dr. Nienhuys! :-)
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 20:14:00 -0700

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 02:10:45 +0200
Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:
> address@hidden writes:
> > Han-Wen was defending his doctoral thesis earlier today, so maybe
> > that from now on, we should take the habit of using `Dr.' when
> > addressing him! :-)
> That's only for the people that used to call me ir. Nienhuys (they may
> now call me dr. ir. Nienhuys) :-)

What's the "ir" for?  Is that some title for getting a bachelors degree
or a masters?  There's no such title in English.

- Graham

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]