Lyric Font Changes Over Multiple Staves

From: Warren Stickney
Subject: Lyric Font Changes Over Multiple Staves
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 19:13:38 +1200

I have a problem in changing the lyric font over more than just the upper
voice.

If I put the font change command in my VoiceDefault section it changes the
font of the upper voice only.

And if I put the font change command within the lower voice, only, it
doesn't change the lower voice lyric, but actually changes the upper voice.

I am using Lily 1.6.8 with Cygwin.

A truncated and voice reduced version of my LY file is as follows:

\version "1.6.8"
\include "paper20.ly"
\include "english.ly"

\header {
 composer = "\\textit {Claudio Monteverdi}"
 crossRefNumber = "1"
 footnotes = ""
 tagline = "Lily 1.6.8"
 title = "\\Huge \\textit {Bevea Fillide mia}"
      subtitle = "(My Phyllis drank)"
      head = "\\footnotesize \\textit {Monteverdi: Bevea Fillide mia}"
}

global = \notes {
\key c \major
\time 3/1
\repeat unfold 6 {\skip 1*3}
\time 4/2 \tempo 2=50
\repeat unfold 3 {\skip 2*4}
\bar "|"
}

VoiceDefault = \notes {
%   \property Score.defaultBarType="empty"
\property Score.skipBars = ##t
\property Staff.automaticMelismata = ##t
\property Staff.autoBeaming = ##f
\property Score.BarNumber \override #'padding = #2
\property Staff.minimumVerticalExtent = #'(-3 . 3)
%   \property LyricsVoice.LyricText \override#'font-name = #"cmbx12"
}

wordsSopAVA = \lyrics {
Be- vea Fil- li- de mi- a, be- vea Fil- li- de mi- - - - - - - a,
E, nel ber dol- ce- men- te Ba- ci_a'l dol- ce li-
}

voiceSopA = \notes \relative c' {
r1 f e   d f a   b\breve c1   f, e a~   a2 g f1 f2 g
a b cs d1 cs2
d1 r2 a~   a4 a a2   g4 a bf2   a g a4 g4. g8 f4
}

wordsSopBVA = \lyrics {
Be- vea Fil- li- de mi- a, be- vea Fil- li- de mi- a,
}

voiceSopB = \notes \relative c'' {
\property LyricsVoice.LyricText \override#'font-name = #"cmbx12"
d1 a\breve   a1. g2 f1   g\breve a1   r1 r1 f   e a1. g2
f1 a\breve
fs1 r1   r1 r1   r1 r1
}

SopranoA = \notes <
             \addlyrics
             \context Staff=SopA {
             \property Staff.instrument = "S 1  "
             \property Staff.midiInstrument = "acoustic grand"
             \VoiceDefault
             \notes \context Voice=SopA <
               \global
               \voiceSopA
             >}
             \context Lyrics=SopA \wordsSopAVA

SopranoB = \notes <
             \addlyrics
             \context Staff=SopB {
             \property Staff.instrument = "S 2  "
             \property Staff.midiInstrument = "acoustic grand"
             \VoiceDefault
             \notes \context Voice=SopB <
               \global
               \voiceSopB
             >}
             \context Lyrics=SopB \wordsSopBVA

\score {
          \context ChoirStaff = All <
          \context InnerChoirStaff = Sops <
            \SopranoA
            \SopranoB

         \paper {
                  textheight = 22.0\cm
                  interscoreline = 12.0\mm
                  interscorelinefill = 1
                }
         \midi { \tempo 2=100 }
}

What am I doing wrong, can anyone help please. Is my problem context
related?

Warren Stickney
Wellington,
New Zealand