Re: lyrics entry help!!!-was hebrew lily

From: Amelie Zapf
Subject: Re: lyrics entry help!!!-was hebrew lily
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 20:25:43 +0200

Hi Han-Wen, all,

> Even when it is only a one-liner, it has to be documented, it must
> comply to GNU coding standards, our coding standards (which forbid
> Perl and sed), be generally useful, and regularly QA'd.

If that is so, the Perl script I sent to the list (I wonder why it hasn't
arrived on there yet, are mails containing #!/usr/bin/perl automatically
censored?) is out.

> If it's not integrated in the Lilypond system, then it will not be
> maintained by the development team, and should therefore not be
> integrated in the tarball.

okay. Good point. However, what I'm missing on the Lilypond page are links to
helper applications such as the one I sent, or sly, or...

I had to learn about sly on dis here mailing list. That script could have
saved me gazillions of working hours in the past, had I only known it
existed.

Regards,

Amy