Re: lyrics entry help!!!-was hebrew lily

From: Ferenc Wagner
Subject: Re: lyrics entry help!!!-was hebrew lily
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 16:12:52 +0200

> Check out the GUILE 1.6 manual, under SRFI, SRFI-13

Ahh, nice libraries, thanks.

>> Hmm, the documentation seems *MUCH* more comprehensible
>> than last time I checked (half a year or so).
>
> That's strange - the doco for the stable version hasn't
> changed much in the last half year. Maybe you have become
> wiser?  :)

Probably :)  This may also include reading the development
manuals instead.

>> But I declare Scheme the worst functional language ever.
>
> Actually, LISP is worse.

I try hard not to remember my adventures with LISP.  They
came up to help me now, though...

> It looks OK, but could be shorter if you use music-map
> (not sure if it's available on 1.6 too).

Fortunately it is not...

>> Hmm.  What is the way to munge the text AFTER Lily's
>> positioning work?
>
> what you probably would want is to set the extent of the
> object

Is not it possible to temporarily redefine the function text
in scm/tex.scm?  Or rather, substitute it somehow?  I do not
know which scope it is invoked in...

> The latter is going to be a lot easier if you use 1.7,
> because creating new music expressions has become so much
> easier.

Does 1.7 require guile-1.6?  That would create a perfect
reason of existence for my debs... :)
                                             Feri.