fonts

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: fonts
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 23:25:47 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> >> Getting strange looking output.  Looks like a font problem with latest
> >> CVS.  It also shows up in the generated web-doc.
> >
> >Yes, as the ChangeLog says:
> >
> >     * mf/feta-autometric.mf (code): start font at 32. WARNING: FONT
> >     CHANGED.
> >
> >clean out your font files.
>
> Um, yeah.  Thanks.  What I did was to go into
> /usr/local/share/lilypond/<currentCVS>/
>
> ...and delete everything in ./afm ./source and ./tfm and now it's fine.  Is
> this the recommended procedure or is there a more informed way?

Hrm.

We used to have a FAQ that addressed this; there's a script in
buildscripts/clean-fonts.sh for that.

But, ehrm, didn't lilypond complain , with

        error: checksum mismatch for font file:
`/home/hanwen/usr/src/lilypond/mf/out/feta20.afm' does not match:
`/home/hanwen/usr/src/lilypond/mf/out/feta20.tfm'
         TFM: -227786184 AFM: -227786183
         Rebuild all .afm files, and remove all .pk and .tfm files.  Rerun with
-V to show font paths.

I added a note about buildscripts/clean-fonts