profile

From: David Bobroff
Subject: profile
Date: 25 Jul 2003 11:50:02 +0000

Ok, more of my ignorance on display here.  After getting Lilypond
re-installed and perhaps doing some things right that I wasn't doing
before I've run into a problem with "sourcing" the profile and/or login
scripts.  I've added ". lilypond-profile" to my .bash_profile thusly:

# .bash_profile

# Get the aliases and functions
if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
. ~/.bashrc
fi

# User specific environment and startup programs

PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin
BASH_ENV=$HOME/.bashrc
USERNAME="root"

export USERNAME BASH_ENV PATH
. lilypond-profile

When I first do my login and enter my password I get:

-bash lilypond-profile: No such file or directory

Obviously I'm missing some piece of vital information.  The verb "to
source" in this context means something but it appears I don't know
exactly what.

Thanks,

-David Bobroff