Other fonts than computer modern/feta nummer

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Other fonts than computer modern/feta nummer
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 14:21:30 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> I would like to use in the header and elsewhere fonts different from
> Computer Modern.
> I don't know anything about TeX. How can I do it?
>
> I tried to change the feta-nummer font for multi-measure rests (feta-nummer
> is wonderful, but right now I'm making bass guitar transcriptions, and I
> would prefer a more...modern-like font). If I use a standard font (i.e.
> times), the whole rests disappear and latex gives me an error if I don't
> set the church rest limit to 1. Is there a way to avoid this but using a
> font different than feta-nummer for multi-measure numbers?

I've added an example how to do this in input/regression/font-name.ly
in 1.7 CVS; For mmrests there are some special problems in version
1.6, since it uses two fonts at the same time (one for the symbols,
one for the numbers.) - I recommend you to try the next 1.7 release or
wait for a few weeks till 1.8 is out.